Counselling in schools
• Confidential one-to-one therapeutic counselling for young people based in the school and during school hours.
• Sessions with a trained counsellor for a series of 50 minute sessions.
• Support for up to 6 students, once a week for a period agreed by Centre 33 and the school.
Centre 33 counsellors deliver the service according to the ‘Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions’ of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
We are happy to assess any young person for our services, no matter what their issues. We will talk through available options if we feel referral to another agency is necessary.
Young people we work with may be affected by:
• Feeling sad or worried
• Not wanting to attend school
• Taking part in or being victim to bullying behaviour
• Difficulties due to family breakdown
• Peer group difficulties/relationships
• Low self esteem
• Self-harm e.g. cutting
• Bereavement or suffering loss or separation
We can also offer:
• Staff supervision and training
• Mental Health workshop and awareness raising for young people
• Parental advice and training
• Access to our Keep Your Head Mental Health Service
Schools can sign up to the service by contacting email@example.com and finding out more about costing and detail.
Young Carers Project
Secondary schools in Cambridgeshire are supported by a trained project worker for their students who are young carers aged 11-18.
Group work during lunchtime and after school, one-to-one support and staff training is part of the offer.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.